Event Phone: 3157515559
- May 21, 2016
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
New York State Pistol Safety Course and our Multi-State Conceal Carry Weapons Courses for Florida, Arizona and Utah.
New York State Pistol Safety Course
This course is generally taught by 2-3 Instructors.
We offer the 4 hour NYS Pistol Safety Course. This covers all the requirements for your pistol safety course in New York State. Basic identification of firearms, parts, ammunition, safe handling, storage and cleaning as well as the Article 35 “Use of Force” are taught. Our course is approved for Onondaga, Oswego, Oneida, Jefferson, Cortland and Madison Counties.
Some facts about your pistol license;
- Your pistol license in not good in all areas of NY, you need to know where you can go.
- Stores that have “no-gun” policies do not carry the weight of law in NY. Store policy does not supersede State Law however they may ask you to leave. You may carry there however if asked to leave you must.
- Your NYS License is good in approx. 22 states and is an unrestricted license anywhere else you travel to. Check the laws as many states have open and conceal carry both and you must follow the law in those states.
- If you receive a sportsman license you may reapply for an unrestricted and we suggest doing so (add other courses to your resume before doing so).
- You must carry your license at all times and Onondaga County Law Enforcement is aware that you have a pistol license as it is attached to your driver’s license.
As of January 7, 2014, states that honor your NYS Pistol License. Always verify your travel routes and the validity of your current License; AK, AL, AR, AZ, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, OK, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WI.
Cost for this course is $50.00.
Multi-State CCW Courses address traveling across the US while Carrying a Firearm on your person and are easier to get than your NYS License. Multi-State Licenses allow you to travel carrying your Firearms in up to 38 States. Your 8 hour Course includes;
- Your safety course for Arizona, Florida and Utah.
- Notary work
- Assistance with the applications.
The reason for all 3 is;
- The 3 States Certificates look good on your NYS “Just Cause” Portfolio.
- There are resident and non-resident limitations.
- Between the 3 licenses travel without having to lock your firearms in your trunk unloaded is possible.
Each state has separate application fees and each states license in less than 90days from the time of application. The Multi-State Course is generally taught by three Certified Instructors. All of our Instructors have many years of practical experience and travel in other states with their firearms.
With completion of this course you will receive the following items;
- Pistol Safety Certificates for Florida, Arizona, Utah and NYS.
- Completed fingerprint cards for each state with 1 for Florida (Florida must be done by Law-Enforcement), 1 for Utah and 2 for Arizona.
- Your applications notarized when a Notary is available.
- A compact disk with the “Use of Force Laws” for NYS, Fla., AZ. and Utah.
- A schedule sheet laying out the full process of your needs prior to mailing each application.
Florida Conceal Carry Weapons Course (non-resident)
- This is the non-resident Florida CCW Course. Our class has been approved by Florida Agriculture and Licensing and is 8 hours long.
- Details; Florida Non Resident Permit/License is Valid in: AK, AL, AR, AZ, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, OH, OK, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WV, WY
Arizona Conceal Carry Weapons Course (non-resident)
- This is the non-resident Arizona CCW Course. Our class has been approved by Arizona Department Public Safety and is 8 hours long.
- Details; Arizona Non Resident Permit/License is Valid in: AK, AL, AR, AZ, DE, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, OH, OK, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, WY
- Some of these states have “special circumstances” that you will have to be aware of and responsible for but for the most part you can travel most of the country with the ability to conceal carry.
Utah Conceal Carry Weapons Course (non-resident)
- We are Certified by the Utah Department of Public Safety to teach this course.
- This is the non-resident Utah CCW Course. This course is approx. 8 hours long.
- Details; Utah Non Resident Permit/License is Valid in: AK, AL, AR, AZ, DE, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY.
- The cost for this course is $150.00 and the duration is 8 hours.
Concealed Weapons License Reciprocity with Other States
CAUTION! Gun Concealed carry laws vary greatly from state to state and even within counties and municipalities within those states. Therefore, if you have a Concealed Weapons License and are planning to visit a state that has concealed weapons license , remember that you are subject to the laws of that state, including any county or city ordinances, that apply to concealed weapons licenses and concealed weapons carry. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with those laws, ordinances and codes and comply with them. Concealed weapons license reciprocity in any form is simply that, reciprocity, and it does not immunize a person from criminal or civil consequences for breaking the law. Also, please note that some states grant reciprocity to Concealed Carry Licenses for concealed firearms only, and do not extend reciprocity for other weapons . That may include under its Concealed Weapons Licenses devices such as dirks, dirk knives, bowie knives, daggers or any other deadly or dangerous weapon.
Venue: NYS Pistol Safety and Multi-State Courses
Venue Phone: 3157515559
Venue Website: shootershaven.comAddress: