- October 16, 2016
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This course is generally taught by 2-3 Instructors.
We offer the 4 hour NYS Pistol Safety Course. This covers all the requirements for your pistol safety course in New York State. Basic identification of firearms, parts, ammunition, safe handling, storage and cleaning as well as the Article 35 “Use of Force” are taught. Our course is approved for Onondaga, Oswego, Oneida, Jefferson, Cortland and Madison Counties.
Some facts about your pistol license;
- Your pistol license in not good in all areas of NY, you need to know where you can go.
- Stores that have “no-gun” policies do not carry the weight of law in NY. Store policy does not supersede State Law however they may ask you to leave. You may carry there however if asked to leave you must.
- Your NYS License is good in approx. 22 states and is an unrestricted license anywhere else you travel to. Check the laws as many states have open and conceal carry both and you must follow the law in those states.
- If you receive a sportsman license you may reapply for an unrestricted and we suggest doing so (add other courses to your resume before doing so).
- You must carry your license at all times and Onondaga County Law Enforcement is aware that you have a pistol license as it is attached to your driver’s license.
As of January 7, 2014, states that honor your NYS Pistol License. Always verify your travel routes and the validity of your current License; AK, AL, AR, AZ, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, OK, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WI.
Cost for this course is $50.00.
*We do not offer refunds. Any payments made can be used for Course Credits or Merchandise since payment is not required on any Course upfront except for the PA trip and any trip traveling out of town. These are special interest Courses and take special planning (changing days, making resources available, etc…).
Venue: NYS Basic Pistol Safety Course
Venue Phone: 3157515559
Venue Website: shootershaven.comAddress: