- New York State Basic Pistol Safety Course
March 26, 2020
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
This course is generally taught by 2 Instructors.
We offer the 4 hour NYS Basic Pistol Safety Course. This meets all the requirements for your New York State Pistol License. Basic identification of firearms, ammunition, safe handling, storage and cleaning as well as the Article 35 “Use of Force” are taught. Our course is approved for Onondaga, Oswego, Jefferson, Cortland and Madison Counties.
Some facts about your pistol license;
- Your pistol license is not good in all areas of NY, you need to know where you can go.
- Stores that have “no-gun” signs posted do not carry the weight of law in NY. Store policy does not supersede State Law however they may ask you to leave. If asked to leave you must.
- Your NYS License is good in approx. 27 states and is an unrestricted license (regardless of your restrictions here) in the states you travel to. Check the local laws as many states have open and conceal carry both and you must follow the law in those states.
- If you receive a sportsman license you may reapply for an unrestricted and we suggest doing so (add other courses to your resume before doing so).
- You must carry your license at all times.
Cost for this course is $50.00. You may pay in advance or at the door with either cash or card, no checks will be accepted.
*We do not offer refunds. Any payments made may be used for Course Credits or Merchandise since payment is not required on any Course upfront except for the PA trip and any trip traveling out of town. These are special interest Courses and take special planning (changing days, making resources available, etc…).