- June 28, 2015
12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Conceal Carry Weapons and Tactics Course II (CCW II)
No live ammo on the range until we are ready for live fire.
- Discuss safety and range procedures.
- Discuss Loading and unloading procedures.
- Explanation of grip, sight alignment/sight picture, point of aim/point of impact along with trigger control.
- Explanation of drawing from concealment.
- Factors that affect accuracy and speed.
- Drawing to high ready position and preparing to fire.
- Processes for attaining speed and accuracy with a goal of self-defense.
- Drills and times drills to gauge your progress.
In this class we will be setting safety and handling policies prior to “live fire”. Range education and handling/loading/unloading procedures will be discussed first. Those of you that have taken CCW I will likely have a head start if you took our advice and purchased your holsters and Blue Guns/Airsoft Guns and were able to practice.
Once we determine the class is properly prepared we move to the firing range as a group. We drill for both accuracy and speed as both are essential skills necessary for you to protect yourself and to also develop great shooting fundamentals. We will work at 3yds. to 10yds., keeping the primary goals on accuracy and developing good sight picture, alignment and trigger control. Finally we will go over errors/corrections, shooting problems and discuss how to make changes to improve your skills.
Requirements will be:
- Handgun/Handguns of your choice with at least 2 Magazines.
- Ear and Eye Protection (maybe a hat also)
- Approx. 200 rounds of Ammo (we do not supply ammo).
- Belt, Holster, Magazine pouch.
- Any snacks, Water, etc….
- Lots of questions!
Venue: CCW II
Venue Phone: 315-751-5559
Venue Website: www.shootershaven.comAddress: