Shooters Haven Firearms and Training
Shooters Haven’s Address:
221 West Manlius Street
East Syracuse, NY 13057
Gun Shop Hours Wednesday – Saturday 1pm-6pm
We are taking the month of December for inventory and a deep cleaning/changes. The first week of December 6th will be the last week of courses until January.
You MUST register and PREPAY to guarantee a seat. Due to Covid, our normal classes of 40-45 have been reduced to 25 for our students comfort and safety. If you are at risk, please do not register until it is safe for you to do so. If you are still uncomfortable with the size of our classes, do not register as every seat counts. Please be sure of the dates you register for since we will not be refunding but you will receive a credit. Rescheduling may be difficult due to high demand. To make “check-in” more expedient, please have proof of payment if requested.
Please have a face mask available. If you happen to have forgotten to bring one, we will have one available for a fee. Thank you for your cooperation.
Payment will only be accepted by Cash or Card, no personal checks.
Starting 10/1/2020 our store will no longer be Accepting Transfers or Firearms Storage. Please prepare accordingly.
Welcome to Shooters Haven!
We are Firearms Instructors with more than 40 years experience as well as a licensed FFL (Federal Firearms Licensed Firearms Dealer). We do special orders however there are no refunds under any circumstances so please know what you are ordering and make sure your receipts is for the correct piece.
Because we are a Training Facility as well, we cater to our students which are mostly conceal carry license holders. This is a bonus for them because we not only have the “Carry” experience we sell the firearms that are best suited for CCW.
The Training Center will continue as always. In 2020 we will be focusing more on our courses updating and adding new courses.
We are educators first and feel it is our responsibility to properly train our students in Firearm Safety and proper usage of their firearms.
Each of our Instructors has different skill sets and experience. Together we bring these perspectives to our teaching (please see more than one way to skin a cat). Please take a look at our Staff Page for more information.
It has been brought to my attention that new people do not know of some of our policies/benefits so I thought I would mention them here. We provide many free services to our students;
- Anyone gets assistance with their “Just Cause” letter (a consult not a review). You do not have to be a student. We have many ask for this service that are students with other instructors. We have heard horror stories of Attorney’s charging up to $3,000.00 with no guarantees and some that do not finish the letters or ask huge sums not warranted. Straight from the Sheriff’s Office the Judges do not give any merit to letters written from Instructors. We offer our assistance to those that have trouble writing the letters and make sure that you understand that is is just that, assistance, we cannot guarantee any letter will pass (nor can anyone), we just assist. It is our goal to help students put their best presentation together for the Judges.
- Unrestricted licenses are one of the most important things you can do for yourself and your family. I like to say “when was the last time you were mugged in the woods” to students that just want a Sportsman’s License or are just getting their licenses for their “home”. While there are no guarantees there are things you can do to help your case..
- Any student that pays for a course may attend that same course at no charge 5 more times including live-fire courses within a 6 month period (yes, we like to shoot also). I do not believe anyone can retain all the information with a one time visit and repeating the course is your best option for actually learning the information.
- Any student that has a child between the ages of 12- 20 may have that child attend a class (except live fire and laser courses) with you at no charge as long as there is room.
- Remember that the Course Certification is good for 3 years. If you/they want a Certificate for the course they must pay for the course however attending is free for the child otherwise.
Ok, let’s get started
With backgrounds in Un-Armed and Armed Security, Personal Bodyguard work/Concert Security, Competition Shooting, and Martial Arts we are uniquely informed, available and passionate about what we do! Things are changing out there very quickly and the time for you to acquire your pistol licenses and firearms training is now! We are always adding new courses so please keep a sharp eye on our schedule…
Information on courses we offer as well as schedules, pricing and articles are available on the site and are current. We are located in East Syracuse, New York, however we do travel to other locations and teach classes in 4 Counties (Onondaga, Oswego, Madison, Jefferson) presently along with several other areas when requested.
We recently reformatted our virtual training (laser pistols) course with Laser pistols to simulate live fire. The new format includes much more “hands on” with the basics.
While accuracy is very important it is only one factor that saves your lives. Picture this, one guy is extremely accurate and another is very fast. Each has their skills however in a contest between them who do you think would win when it comes to a close quarters contest? Since in a practical/critical situation most of these situations takes place inside of 7 yards (and almost always a lot closer) speed would be the factor that wins the day. In the time the accurate guy draws and aims the faster shooter has hit him several times. This is the premise for the laser course, defining the draw and developing speed.
We are working in conjunction with Sensi Jeff Sgarlata of Team One Krav Maga in Cicero, NY.. David Colburn together with Sensi Sgarlata are creating a virtual training program of self-defense scenarios, drills and strategies performed with Laser Pistols for safety and active training.
This has never been seen or used here in Central New York. These courses build your confidence with respect to carrying and handling of your firearms as well as decision making in critical situations. These courses help you build confidence when carrying your live firearms as well as drive you back to Shooters Haven for our live-fire courses.
We also have several live-fire classes. These build on skills developed in the lecture and laser courses to further develop hand/eye coordination and decision making. We presently have Handgun as well as Shotgun and Rifle Courses available.
Private lessons for those of you looking for one on one training. Those looking to learn proper technique and develop a sound platform in self-awareness and your ability to defend yourself in a more personal private setting will gain quickly.
We have a vested interest in you attaining your unrestricted pistol license and furthering your shooting experiences. Remember that of the 20 or so local instructors only 2 or 3 offer courses beyond the basic course so once you have completed their basic courses you have no where to go for more training with them.
We are approved to teach the New York State Pistol Safety Course for Onondaga, Oswego, Jefferson, and Madison Counties. Contact us for your NYS pistol safety course.
Courses we offer;
- NYS Basic Pistol Safety Course- 4 Counties.
- NRA Basic Pistol Course
- NRA Shotgun Course
- NRA Inside the Home Protection
- NRA Virtual Training Pistol Course
- NRA Defensive Pistol I, II and III Qualification Courses
- Multi-State Courses- NYS, Arizona, Florida and Utah courses.
- Conceal Carry Weapons I, II and III Courses
- Defensive Handgun Courses I and II
- Article 35 “Use of Force”
- Private lessons in Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun
- Tactical Pistol and Shotgun Courses- Day Course
- Beyond the Range I, II and III Laser Pistol Training Courses.
Most of these courses are presently active, if you do not see a course scheduled please ask!
More coming so keep us in your view!
Thank you and stay safe!
You will find our latest announcements to keep you up to date on what’s new and available. You can request to register for any course through our online form, and of course, don’t hesitate to contact on our training team should you have any questions at either 315-751-5559 or firstname.lastname@example.org.