Little known facts about your NYS Pistol License;
- Your Pistol License is a lifetime license. If suspended or revoked you will have a legal battle on your hands.
- You must re-certify your Pistol License with the Trooper every 5 years.
- All licenses in NYS are Concealed Carry, the difference is the restrictions placed by NY Courts.
- Your Pistol License is good in 27 states.
- When outside NY your Pistol license has no restrictions in states that accept your license.
- When adding a Multi-State Course to your NY license you will be able to Carry in approx. 38 states.
- Gun free signs carry no weight in law in NYS.
- Store policy does not supersede state law. You may carry even if a store does not want you to however if they ask you to leave you must.
- There are several applications for your phones that give you some of this information. The “CCW” app. is the best we have found.